Scientific papers and journals are vital resources for students and academics pursuing research in their respective fields. Often there is a need to access journals beyond what is available in the university library and that is where e-libraries come into play. Boasting thousands of journals and research papers on a variety of subjects, these sources provide students and academics with the material that they need. Here we have listed a collection of the best such resources from where you can access a vast collection of scientific journals and research papers.
- Explore scientific, technical, and medical research on ScienceDirect. Search for peer-reviewed journals, articles, book chapters and open access content.
- PubMed comprises more than 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- HAL is an open archive where authors can deposit scholarly documents from all academic fields.
- Cornell University Library: Open access to 1,285,789 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics
- Open access library: Free Access to 4,228,336 Academic Articles
- Get full access to thousands of medical journals covering all branches of medicine.
- Get access to the latest scientific journals and articles
- The Horizon Reserarch Publication Corporation offers journals and papers on everything from Engineering to Agriculture.
- Access the latest science journals and research papers on Scrip.
- DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- NASA: The STI Program is a critical component in the worldwide activity of scientific and technical aerospace research and development
- PLOS gives you access to a wide variety of scientific journals and research papers
- IDEAS is the largest bibliographic database dedicated to Economics having thousands of journals and available freely on the Internet
- World’s largest Science, Technology & Medicine Open Access book publisher.
- Open access site for journals from materials, applied sciences to sensors and toxins.
- eLife is an open-access journal that publishes promising research in the life and biomedical sciences
- This site offers free access to journals for users from developing economies.
- Journals, books and case studies - a library of real-world research at your fingertips
- The Biodiversity Heritage Library improves research methodology by collaboratively making biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
- This website links several individual journal sources on the basis of the subject.