The telecommunications company Motorola reported over USD $17 million in savings after the implementation of Six Sigma Lean methods in 2006. The opportunities for professionals that possess certifications and credentials as experts able to execute Six Sigma Lean methods are spread across various industries.
Six Sigma Lean Green Belt professionals in particular are a valued resource. The ability to undertake Six Sigma and Lean implementation along with enhanced decision-making is given in-charge to the Green Belt professionals.
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Lean Green Belt credentials explain the guidelines of execution within a Six Sigma Lean project. Green Belt certifications revolve around data collection and analysis. This information is passed upwards to those with Black Belt certification in order for them to lead complex projects. Without the information generated by Green Belts, it would be impossible for higher-ups to logically assess how to direct business activities to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
The core competencies built through becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma practitioner include:
- A strong foundation of problem-solving, analytical thinking, and business acumen related skills
- The ability to implement successful change management into an organization
- A mastery of Six Sigma Methodologies, tools, and techniques including DMAIC, DMADV
- The ability to identify a root cause of a problem within an organization and prevent the recurrence of the same
- Process improvement, data analysis, and project management skills
- Competencies that prepare them for leadership roles such as a promotion to a Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Achieving much-needed process improvements leading to cost savings, increased production quality, better delivery, and an increase in profit margins
List of Industries That Offer Jobs to Six Sigma Green Belt Professionals
The application of Six Sigma and Lean methods could be beneficial to any organization with a production process. This could be for both goods and services. Industries in particular that thrive through Six Sigma Green Belt certification include:
- Supply Chain
Companies that offer positions to Six Sigma Lean Green Belt professionals include General Electric, The Hershey’s Company, 3M, Abbott Laboratories, IBM, Honeywell, Newell Rubbermaid, Wells Fargo, Siemens, and more.
Jobs Roles For Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
While job duties may vary according to the industry, Green Belt jobs predominantly focus on processes, project management. Employment opportunities include:
- Six Sigma Consultant: Six Sigma consultants tend to work closely with teams that run operations in order to maximize project management skills and the gained business acumen. The analysis of current business activities, challenging the assumptions made by the business, and incorporating recommendations for prospective changes are all undertaken by Green Belts within the organization. The recommendations work to institute changes that improve workflows and reduce waste
- Process Engineer: Process Engineers work towards supporting the leadership roles within the organization. Focusing on the inner workings of the organization, Green Belts apply their eye for efficiency and quality to implement better decision making
- Manufacturing Engineer: Engineers within this field focus on process building; design, building, and the movement of products. Green belts that take on this role utilize their understanding of lean manufacturing to address problems and consistently build a better manufacturing process
- Continuous Improvement Specialist: Green Belts within this role identify and plan for continuous improvement within an organization through data collection and root cause identification. CI specialists suggest alternate paths to end results at a leadership level
- Quality Engineer: Handling the responsibility for ensuring the products produced are up to customer standards. This role focuses on managing day to day operating activities as well as marking up long term improvement plans
- Operational Excellence Manager: Directly contacting upper management with information to improve project success rates through addressing team managers at every level
- Industrial Engineer: Industrial engineers bring light to rates of production, production flow, and quality control assessments. Green Belt certified individuals are able to deduce more effective ways to utilize employees and resources and as a result, improve and streamline operations
- Mechanical Engineer: Focusing on introducing new and innovative products, tools, and devices into the production process allow Green Belt professionals to utilize their knowledge to create all-around improvement. It is not uncommon for the creation of new product concepts and equipment along with testing to be included within the job description
- Reliability Engineer: Within this role, creating testing environments to assess the products and services offered by an organization lies at the core. Working with internal teams and understanding customer needs to allow for reliability engineers to address any concern
- Project Manager: Within organizations, prioritizing projects, understanding the value addition and leading execution could be designated to a Green Belt certified professional. Six Sigma Lean knowledge allows process optimization and effective use of resources to maximize organizational benefits
Salary of Six Sigma Green Belt Professionals
On average, the Six Sigma Green Belt professionals make the following amount in their respective countries on an annual basis:
- USA: 97,919 USD
- UK:117,000 GBP
- Australia: 110,000 AUD
- India: 1,015,000 INR
- UAE: 214,300 AED
Six Sigma Lean Green Belt certified professionals are an invaluable asset to companies trying to maximize their production process while eradicating non-value-adding elements. Their focus on data compilation and understanding, allows higher-level decision-makers to implement decisions that focus on optimizing efficiency and effectiveness.
Certified training to obtain Six Sigma Lean Green Belt status is not only beneficial to the organization but to the individual. The multitude of applications for the acquired skills does not just vary in industry, but also in position and opportunities globally. Successful training could result strongly in enhanced career opportunities.
Popular Quality Management Certification courses for professionals offer strong streamlining methods to elevate business processes. The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified professionals are able to tackle both management and operational challenges. The focus on data procurement and analysis allows for streamlined decision making. As a result, the application for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt professionals extends across multiple industries and roles with prospects for a strong and secure future.
Some of the popular Quality Management training courses that professionals can take up are: