While reading a book, writing an article or having a conversation, we might find ourselves at a loss for words occasionally. Pulling out a big fat dictionary and searching for the word-meaning you want isn’t exactly fast, especially if you want to find the meanings or synonyms of dozens of words for a project you are working on. That’s where online dictionaries and thesauruses come into play. We have collected a set of such online dictionaries and thesauruses which will make your life simpler.
- Dictionary.com is your best source to find out meanings of words and their synonyms. Get access to an online thesaurus as well on this site.
- The Cambridge dictionary offers translations and grammar in addition to word meanings.
- The official Oxford online dictionary with quizzes, blog posts, and videos.
- Free dictionary provides free grammar lessons, word of the day and other dictionaries in addition to its function as a regular dictionary.
- Collins is the home of living English, with more than 722,000 words, meanings, and phrases.
- Oxford Dictionaries provides reliable, up-to-date dictionaries for languages around the world.
- The Merriam Webster’s Online dictionary and thesaurus.
- Urban dictionary has words which you won’t find in any regular dictionary.
- The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Online
- The Macmillan online dictionary and thesaurus has blogs and buzzwords to supplement its content.